- I am passionate about the value of good food and helping people add quality to their life through the enjoyment of interesting, nutritious and tasty food. Over many years I have cooked and
created recipes for friends and colleagues to not only provide a positive eating experience – but also to support their wellbeing
- I first started my formal cookery and nutrition education at college over thirty years ago whilst training for a career in hotel and catering management.
HND [Colchester June 1983] in Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management, included training in business management, food sciences and high
- Since then I have continued to gain experience in food preparation and have provided friends, families and party-goers with a variety of menus to satisfy a wide range of dietary needs and food
- I have worked in healthcare for over twenty years at a GP practice, working with patients, general practitioners and nurses. This work has included a wide range of healthcare business
process management issues such as chronic disease quality contract record keeping.
- I also have a qualification in health informatics, which relates to my knowledge in, and application to, patient records processing and business process management.
NHS IM&T Diploma [York January 2000]
- Working in the primary care environment has made me aware of the effects of long term conditions, and the care and treatment that clinicians need to provide for patients.
- Becoming a nutritional therapist has allowed me to combine my knowledge, training and experience in food, cooking and primary care.
- Consequently I am well-positioned to provide a professional service to individuals, imparting my knowledge to provide personalised nutritional advice and motivational guidance to complement the
work of the clinicians in primary care.
Diploma in Nutritional Therapy [Premier Training International July 2013]
Membership of BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy)
Registered Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (CNHC)